A drone is a plane that flies without any pilot on it and is guided remotely. It is an electronic device that operates with a remote control. Basically, the user stays at a strategic location and directs the plane to whatever distance it needs it to go. It was originally used in military operations to carry weapons and for attacks but now we have civilian drones. Civilian drones are essentially used for rescue missions, medical supplies, photography, aerial crop surveys, etc. There are about six types of drones:
4. Research and development
5 Target and decoy
6. Civil and commercial
Drones have been in existence for many years and have aided people for many purposes. Drones have been used for police investigation, archaeology, and even agriculture. There are drones that are able to lift passengers. We have micro drones that are really small in size. These drones are the most widely used. Drones are very useful all over the world.
Uses of drones:
1. Drones can be used for agriculture
2. They are also used for dropping food items in prisons
3. Some companies like Amazon use drones to deliver packages to their customers.
4. They are also used for search and rescue operations
5. Drones can be used for entertainment
6. Used to conduct inspections of power lines and pipelines
7. It is used for surveillance around to watch out for areas where there are protests or some suspicious activity
8. It is also a useful tool for photographers to get beautiful shots at a good angle. The drones are usually equipped with high-quality HD camera’s
9. Scientists also use drones to monitor activities in the sky and observe natural occurrences
10. For researchers, it is a useful tool for archaeology. To conduct a good documentary on archaeological sites
11. Drones are used to conduct surveys and for mapping out areas for agriculture and other purposes
Other industries where drones are used include construction works, aviation industry, maritime, real estate, mining, education, meteorology, insurance, marketing, engineering, etc. Telecommunications companies like Nokia make use of drones for the purpose of network data collection.
Drones have cameras, Global Positioning Systems (GPS), sensors, and other equipment. They come in different shapes and sizes and are designed to perform different functions. They are usually guided using remote controls or from a central point at special ground cockpits. Drones are customized with the ultra-stable flight which gives them the ability to fly at a low range. The distance a drone covers depends on the space or area where you are flying and your line of sight. It doesn’t mean that the drone can’t travel beyond the line of sight. The issue here is that if it travels beyond the line of sight, the controller will not have perfect control over the drone and it might hurt someone else, crash, or even damage properties.
Drones that are used for entertainment can only fly a short distance and for a short time. Meanwhile, military drones fly for a longer period of time.
Drones are popularly in use all over the world. It was recorded that over a million drones were sold by 2015. It is even available for sale over the internet and is very affordable. One of the major pros of a drone is that it does not require any pilot license to fly it. Drones are very easy to control and do not require any technical knowledge.
Drones are very useful as they have many uses and applications in the world today. It is even possible that drones will be much more useful than it is today with more advancement in technology.
What does the future have in store for drones?
Nowadays, the popularity of drones is extremely high and their applications are countless. However, they are going to be more advance in the future.
Drones in the future are likely to have more capabilities to deliver larger packages as Amazon is working very hard to accomplish this. Also, there are other speculations that drones may be improved to deliver ambulance services.
We can conclude that the possibilities are vast and the use of drones is going to increase a lot in the future.